Mask requirements with RideON Canada
We take safety measures very seriously. If the driver is not wearing a mask, cancel the trip, and report to us with all details at email@example.com. A member of our team will reach out to you, followed by a proper investigation of the incident.
The user of masks or face coverings by drivers and passengers is required in all indoor public spaces, including vehicles operating as part of a business or organization as stated by O. Reg. 364/20. Therefore, face-coverings are mandatory when personal vehicles are in use for ride-sharing services, including RideON Canada. There are no obligations if the personal vehicle is not in use for any ride-sharing services.
- RideON Canada f of an exemption. People who are unable to wear a mask due to age, health, or other reasons do not require proof for the exemption
- Not all customers can tolerate a mask and may be exempted. For example, masks may not be properly worn by children below the age of two.
- RideON Canada drivers ensure to respectfully communicate and accommodate people who are unable to wear a mask.
Health and Conditions
RideON Canada advise the Riders/Drivers on improving working conditions by following the steps below:
- If the Rider has a medical condition that inhibits their ability to wear a face covering, they do not need to wear a face covering.
- If the Rider is unable to put on or remove their face covering or is unable to receive help from someone, they do not need to wear a face covering.
- According to the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 or the Human Rights Code, If the rider is disabled or has a medical health condition that prevents them from covering their face, they do not need to wear a face covering.
Important updates to protect against the Omicron Variant
The important things you can do to protect yourself from the risk of exposure to the virus.
- Wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose.
- Make sure your hands are clean when you remove or put on the mask.
- The physical distance of at least 2 meters (or 6 feet) away from each other whenever possible.
- Avoid poorly ventilated spaces in the vehicle.
- Open vehicle windows to improve ventilation.
- Wash hands regularly, keep hand sanitizer in the vehicle all the time.
- Please ensure that you are fully vaccinated.
Riders Conduct of Behavior Regarding Mask Policy
- RideON Canada is taking all necessary measures to imply our mask requirement policy. Rides are required to wear a face-covering during all trips.
- Any rider reported for not wearing a mask will be required to send a selfie with a mask on to the driver while requesting a new ride.
- If rider continues to violate our mask requirement policy, they might get at risk of being blocked from the RideON Canada App.
Commit to Health Safety
Before riding or driving with RideON Canada, you must agree that you are symptoms-free and will follow COVID-19 guidance and agree to wear a mask during the ride even if you are vaccinated.
Updated on Feb 05, 2022.