Scope of This Policy
This policy applies to all RideON Canada users, including Riders and Drivers (including Driver applicants), and to all RideON Canada platforms and services, including our apps, websites, features, and other services.
You may not make any claims regarding the information usage and the policies mentioned in this section, as the policies and clauses are constructed strictly for business purposes and efficient business operations. There will be no personal usage activities and benefits accumulated from information collected.
Collection of Personal Information
- You agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
To prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, fraud, and security breaches and to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- For safety and insurance, we will collect and disclose your information to insurance companies and to any party that is directly involved in personal security or insurance related claims for investigation, resolution, and settlement purposes.
- Such information may include your name, phone number, address email, your location at the time of incident, app logs 24 hours prior to or following the incident.
- For obtaining and maintaining operating permits/licenses from local and regional municipalities including but not limited to the Region of Waterloo, City of Hamilton, Guelph, London, and Sudbury.
- To cooperate with and aid in preventing illegal activities with local law enforcement agencies including local police departments, OPP and RCMP
To facilitate communication between you and the driver by means of voice calls and messages.
- We may collect information about your device hardware model, software, operating system, device motion information.
- When you request services, our Drivers may provide us with a user rating after providing services to you.
To Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Drivers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages.
- To perform internal operations, including prevention of fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
RideON partners (the “Drivers”) have access to your personal information to make a contact through voice call and text message immediately prior to your pickup request to offer service.
- RideON Canada may share with your employer (or similar entity) and any necessary third parties (e.g., an expense management service provider) if you participate in any corporate account.
- Information can also be utilized to communicate with riders to ensure maximum riding comfort and to make sure there are no ambiguities and doubts regarding safety and security at both ends- passenger and driver side.
We may collect location data about the trip from the RideON app used by the Driver. If you permit our app to access location services through your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Drivers’ location Information is also used to resolve service-related issues. To serve justice to both parties, that is the rider and the driver, location information will help determine if cancellation fee is justified. We consider both scenarios, whether the driver is increasing the ETA deliberately to force the customer to cancel the ride, or the rider knowingly cancelled the ride. Here the location information will be traced to settle the matter and the cancellation fee will be charged to the deserving party. If the issue persists, users are encouraged to contact RideON Canada customer support for more help.
Drivers will be required to provide us with personal information including full name, vehicle make and model, license plate number, driver’s license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance. We may use this information for verification purposes, to perform background checks by us or a third party. Riders will be able to view the name, photo, type of vehicle and license plate number of the assigned driver. RideON or its service providers may use this information for business purposes, including marketing, service improvement, market research, obtaining and maintaining insurance and such other purposes.
RideON and its service providers will collect vehicle location data through a partner mobile application. Drivers agree to the use of vehicle location data for the business purpose including for communicating the vehicle location to the rider, for vehicle routing, estimating transit times, to access your performance, to enhance our services, to facilitate the investigation, settlement, and resolution of insurance claims inquiries and such business needs. Also, you as driver agree that we may freely use, reproduce, license, distribute and otherwise commercialize driver location information and you are not entitled to receive any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from us for the use of driver location information.
In case there are certain sections that are left and missed out during the signup process on your end, information will be extracted from the documents provided by you, authorizing RideON Canada to complete the required fields on your behalf. This information includes your official pictures on the documents, date of birth, address, and vehicle verifications etc. This information will not be utilized for personal benefits or usage, except for strictly maintaining records and legalities.
Transaction and Logs Information
When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
We will be maintaining transactions and logs for the betterment of our deliverables. We keep a record of your connectivity and usage regarding the application and services to ensure it can be traced and updated regularly. Transaction and logs ensure that drivers are facilitated to the fullest by keeping a record of their deserved promo codes. This record keeping will help us align your promo codes with your account. Transaction and Logs Information allows for hassle-free and convenient use of applications for everyone and helps us understand you better.
Usage and Cookies Information
We collect information about how you and site visitors interact with our services, as well as which preferences and settings are chosen. In some cases, we collect information using cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
Accounts logged in from different devices, therefore, to ensure safety and security of the account, usage is detected and recorded as it provides information regarding the logins and logouts. This will directly help our service providers to make sure maximum safety is there for the riders and the drivers.
Similarly, Usage and Cookies Information both can be extracted to make sure the service is running lawfully and ethically on point, any concerns regarding disputes and conflicts information will be utilized with or without notifying you.
Upon signing up, we collect the personal information provided by you to ensure user authenticity. Followed by that, we send a welcome email to verify your username and password. RideON Canada communicates to users through email or telephone platform for various inquiries. This communication consists of responding to user inquiries, troubleshooting, providing services and managing user accounts.
For greater user satisfaction and less ambiguity, RideON Canada will keep a record of rides data and use this information to further facilitate our users, both drivers and the riders.
To provide best user and riding experience, RideON Canada team will go above and beyond to ensure the riders feel safe and comfortable.
To maintain quality user service, we release information pertaining to trips under special incidents, such as forgetting belongings, users are encouraged to contact us right away. Our team is always available at your service and can be reached via phone or email: email@example.com.
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, we will provide you with notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Usage of the Map service providers, you may refer to their maps policy section to find more detail on their privacy policies.
- Ensuring a commitment to having a great service comes with the satisfaction of safety and security. Having the information utilized for the investigations and compliance automatically sets the satisfaction levels high.
- To keep a smooth and hassle-free service, we will be utilizing your provided information with your consent of using that data to conduct a ‘Background Check.’ This background check includes all the legalities that are to be fulfilled to maintain great service experience for both the drivers and the riders.
- You are responsible for protecting personal information by ensuring it’s not revealed to third parties for the services. We are not held accountable for any other parties beyond RideON Canada platform.
Consensual basic information will be shared with the riders, such as the contact information of both parties and the car information.
- Tracking the location of the driver is essential to keep the riders and drivers both safe and satisfied with their trips. The driver and rider both benefit from location tracking as it can help resolve any obscure issues, emergencies and incidents that may arise.
- It allows us to timely trace down such events and resolve them in the best possible manner.
In terms of fraud or any other illegal activity, the tracking information will be extremely valuable and can be provided to the authorities for serious investigations with or without notifying you.
If you refer a friend to our Services, we will ask you for your friend’s name and their email address, mobile number, or social media account. We will use this information to send a single email, SMS or social media message to any friends you invite to use our Services. If your friend does not register to use our Services, we will delete their contact information.
The information that is deleted will be out of our systems and it will not be utilized by RideON Canada for any purpose. RideON Canada and its service providers are not responsible for any activity regarding that information.
We believe in communication and transparency, therefore please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly. You may also choose to contact us regarding any changes, such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, you have any questions, comments, suggestions or find any errors, please contact us by e-mailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org